Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hope for Old Objects

I saw what could be of two old metal funnels which belonged to my grandmother, each were at one time the same, but through use they took on separate characters, perhaps due to each having a specific use by my grandmother, my parents were going to throw them out after she died, they saw no value, I saw a second grace. I saw the two funnels on either side of a clear tube they fit snug in, but that the lip of the funnel prevented them from going into, they would be held tightly against the tube connected by a tensioned spring, it could be I felt the tension that draws generations towards each other, that binds the two together, but each are unable to reach a common space sought, not able to enter a chamber of equilibrium, unable to fit in the entrance.

No comments: